- Treatment of Arthritis & Joint Pain with Acpuncture | ATCM
- Acupuncture and Back Pain | ATCM
- Acupuncture: Female Fertility & IVF | ATCM
- Acupuncture Treatment for Gastrointestinal Disorders & Colitis | ATCM
- Acupuncture Treatment for Stress, Depression and Anxiety | ATCM
Dr Mearns qualified in TCM at the College of Integrated Chinese Medicine, Reading, in the year 2000 and has been in practise ever since. He then added herbal training to his qualifications at the Shulan College of Chinese Medicine, Manchester, in 2002. He came to TCM after an academic career earning a BSc (hons), M.A. and Ph.D., and aside from his TCM practise he is a senior lecturer at the University of the Highlands and Islands, Scotland.
His clinical interests include pain relief generally, headaches, auto-immune disorders, anxiety problems and female fertility / IVF procedures. His has published papers on the treatment of post-herpetic neuralgia and the treatment of carpal tunnel syndrome.
Dr Mearns has been a Regional Organiser for ATCM in Scotland for a number of years and in this capacity he has participated in regulation issues with both the Scottish Government and with the UK Government.